1. Write down - yes make a list - of all the most important requirements in your new home. Also list out the deal breakers.
2. When you walk through the home - take notes. Once you have viewed several homes their features may start to blend together. Write down a few sentances about what you liked and did not like before you leave each home.
3. Look for damage or areas of imporvement. Open the closets, cupboards, lift the rugs, check the plumbing and see if there is enough storage for your needs.
4. Drive by the home and neighbourhood at different times of the day. Note the vibes and the noise level.
5. Imagine the potential of the home. It may be hard to see with hot pink walls, but imagine a coat of paint and your personal touch.